Door County Wedding | Jenna + Derrick's Romantic Door County Wedding | Sturgeon Bay, WI|

Picture this: Jenna graduating high school, works at a local credit union with a girl who is constantly showing her her nieces photography work. Jenna reaches out to me and tells me how much she loves my photos and someday when she gets married she is calling me. Jenna goes to college in the cities meets the man of her dreams (insert Derrick) and 5 years later they are engaged and Jenna keeps her word and contacts me for her wedding. 

How amazing is that?!?! Pretty darn amazing. 

Not only is Jenna absolutely gorgeous but she is so genuine and real and fun to be around. She is smart and ambitious and NICE! And then I meet Derrick who is like her super model equal and guess what....just as wonderful as Jenna! These two belong together. They are perfect for each other. They are happy and fun people who are excited to me married and those are the people and weddings I truly love. 

This year I have done a lot of outdoor/farm/barn type weddings, I have to say this was a really refreshing wedding to shoot, somewhere totally new and different and have some variety I feel is just what I needed to spark my inspiration. 

My husband who assisted me at this wedding fit in a little too well, he is sporting a beard these days and Jenna laughed and said "you must have got the memo" most of the wedding party was representing the beards. They talked a lot of hunting stories and of course baseball. I think I realized this at the reception when people kept saying "there's that guy who hunts Kansas"....(eye roll) what a hunting diva he is ;)

So Door County + A gorgeous super in love couple + a awesome wedding party (who likes hunting and beards) = I am SO excited to share with you Jenna & Derrick's AMAZING wedding day!!! storyboarded-2 storyboarded-1 storyboarded-4 storyboarded-3 storyboarded-5 storyboarded-6 storyboarded-7 Stone Harbor Resort in Sturgeon Bay, great view! storyboarded-8 storyboarded-9 storyboarded-10 storyboarded-13 storyboarded-17 storyboarded-14 storyboarded-18 So when it comes to weddings, the bride gets all the swooning, I have to give credit where it is due, Derrick and his men ROCKED it out. storyboarded-19 storyboarded-20 How about these adorable dresses?? and yes, Double take beauties, her twin Jill is just as gorgeous! storyboarded-21 storyboarded-16 Jenna and Derrick had a big, beautiful Catholic ceremony. storyboarded-25 storyboarded-26 storyboarded-27 storyboarded-28 storyboarded-30 storyboarded-29 Such a great location picked by Jenna, almost felt like a destination wedding. storyboarded-35 Does it look like 40 degrees in these pics? storyboarded-36 Fav of the day. storyboarded-31 Jenna described her wedding to me as "Simple, classic with the deep colors of fall and a touch of sparkle". I think her wish came true! storyboarded-41 Jenna and Derrick's goddaughter Olivia stole the show! storyboarded-38 storyboarded-37 All the very best to you McCallum's!! Advice from an old married couple - Always stay best friends, let him hunt and grow a beard (the last part was Jason chiming in)storyboarded-40

No comments:

Post a Comment